“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.” Mark 16:15
“I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.” Luke 15:7
All churches have five functions (worship, teaching, evangelism, biblical community, and mercy), but most churches do two of them well, and these two become the church’s identity. At Good News, we are an: Evangelism — Biblical Community Church We worship, provide teaching, and show mercy. Our passions, our identity, are evangelism and biblical community. We are passionate about reaching the lost and then plugging them into biblical community to be transformed by the gospel. Because we are passionate about evangelism and biblical community, 12% of all the money given at Good News goes to Global Outreach. Over 75% of it goes to church planting, but the other 25% is invested in other ministries.
Regular devotional-styled updates to raise awareness for biblical community.
At Good News we long to see people captured by the love of Jesus. I have been at this a long time, but I am more captured by what Jesus has done and is doing for me than ever before. My prayer for you in reading these is that Jesus would capture your heart as He has captured my heart. – Smiley Sturgis
And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.” Mark 16:15 We begin a new series today #WeLoveSTJOHNS and I am so excited about it. Everywhere I go in this county I [...]