And He said to them,

“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”  Mark 16:15

“I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.”  Luke 15:7

All churches have five functions (worship, teaching, evangelism, biblical community, and mercy), but most churches do two of them well, and these two become the church’s identity. At Good News, we are an: Evangelism — Biblical Community Church We worship, provide teaching, and show mercy. Our passions, our identity, are evangelism and biblical community. We are passionate about reaching the lost and then plugging them into biblical community to be transformed by the gospel. Because we are passionate about evangelism and biblical community, 12% of all the money given at Good News goes to Global Outreach. Over 75% of it goes to church planting, but the other 25% is invested in other ministries. One amazing ministry we support is the International Learning Center in Jacksonville. This ministry is the Great Commission in reverse. Instead of going and preaching the gospel around the world, the Lord brings people from around the world into Jacksonville where the ILC welcomes them, teaches them English, and introduces them to Jesus. This is a recent update letter we received from them. It thrilled my heart, and I know it will yours as well.

ILC Praise/Prayer Report! I wanted to let you know that we have seen 41 ladies (immigrants/refugees) receive Jesus and profess their faith in Him this week. These decisions are not after a one-time presentation of the gospel but at the end of a year of ongoing English reading classes from the Bible each week. Each lesson has been designed to build a foundation on who God is; who we are; our sin and need for a Savor; the birth, life, death, resurrection of Jesus; faith; and eternal life. We then bring it all together with a full presentation of the gospel message this week with the opportunity to trust and profess Jesus personally and openly. Next Tuesday evening the men’s classes will hear the same lesson with the same full presentation of the gospel and the opportunity to profess faith in Jesus. During this school year, since September, we have already seen 98 professions of faith through one-on-one relationships with our teachers and international pastors like Safaa and his wife, Elham. So, the Lord has blessed us “exceedingly abundantly above all that we could ask or think according to the power that works in us” (Eph. 3:20). This is the highest percentage of decisions in our history. This makes our outreach (ESL and home-ministry visits) to professions of faith about 46-50% for the 2016-17 school year. Please join us as we pray, in praising God for His amazing love in the salvation of these 139 immigrants and refugees this school year. Also, please pray for the presentation of and response to the gospel in the men’s classes next week. Blessings, Kim Carr Executive Director International Learning Center Thank you for partnering with us for the gospel at Good News! Your tithes and offerings are seeing people reached and transformed, by the power of the gospel, in biblical community, both here, in our area, and around the world!

Together for the gospel,
Smiley Sturgis